Monday, May 16, 2011

Blackberries are in!

I looked at the blackberries this past Thursday and noticed they're ready! I don't know if I'm excited or not about it.

They're not usually ready until the last weekend on May at the earliest. My plan was to pick and sell them this summer for a little extra cash. Normally, I only pick about 10% even if I pick for a couple hours each day.  Because they're early, we haven't been watering them, so they don't taste as good as usual because we haven't had any rain until Saturday when it down poured most of the day. I'm also really busy helping a friend right now and don't have the time to pick them.

Hopefully, I'll squeeze some time in soon to start picking. We'll have to rotate the sprinklers between the horse pastures, the fruit trees, and the blackberries. When we get a little extra, I think we'll be buying more hoses and sprinklers.

No comments:

Post a Comment