Monday, May 16, 2011

Extra Cash from Trash!

Books
Because my husband works at a college, he sometimes comes home with textbooks (and many other things) that they're throwing away.

Earlier this year, he came home with a load of textbooks I'd planned on sharing with the local homeschool groups. We were looking for a way to send our son to private school and I thought it was worth seeing if the books were worth anything. I found a fantastic website, bookscouter.com, that tells you which websites will pay the most money for any book you want to sell. (A similar site exists for buying books, bookfinder.com.) You just type in the ISBN number of the books. $2100 later, we were about to send our son to school.

Print Cartridges
I started thinking about all of the old printer cartridges we have sitting around to take to the office supply store for credit, but since the closest one is 40 minutes away, we never seem to get there and they have a limit on how many can be turned in each day. We have way more than the limit.

I stared looking around online and found Empties4Cash.com. It works the same way as the books basically. They don't accept refilled, generic, or remanufactured cartridges, but I have some of the original manufactured ones, and I'm happy to start with that for now. I was happy to see what I have is worth $4 each. It's not much, but it's better than nothing and it's better than $1.50-$2 at the other sites.

I did do some research and Empties4Cash has a pretty good reputation too.

They also accept old cell phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment